[windows2000] Remote Backup Solutions

  • From: Dave Flaim <thethin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 20:45:19 -0500 (EST)

We are looking at creating some disaster recovery solutions. We have a Fiber (100MB) connection between the host and remote sites.

1.  Remote location for nightly file sync.
2. Are their any reliable imaging systems that we can keep almost live images of servers / files/ etc.
3.  Is there a way to Mirror drives across a network?
4. Smaller remote office connected via broadband - we would like to do a remote backup of files - hopefully just the changes to the files in order to keep the amount of data transferred to a minimum.

Looking for any inputs and or hardware / software solutions. All of the servers are Windows 2000 and we would need to be able to handle MS SQl databases and Exchange Server as well.

Thanks
Dave