[windows2000] Re: Remote Assistance/Desktop

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:08:26 +0100

Dogers <> scribbled on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:44 PM:

I know what you mean...

Anyway, I wouldn't unblock the VNC ports in the company firewall if I
were you, and that's what you mean?

VNC is well-known to crackers and hackers... Granted, you can lock it
down using white-lists and stuff, but I'd still rather see a way to
initiate a mail-remote-desktop-session and yadda, yadda, yadda, using an
already built-in program. I really with Microsoft could point its wand
over the rdp-clients and do some magic. 8-/