[windows2000] Received an error when attempting to install SP3 for Win2K

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:48:19 -0600

I was just trying to install service pack 3 for Windows 2000
Professional.  (It did have SP2 on it.)  Toward the end of the install I
received the following error message:

"shmgrate.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point RtlDuplicateUnicodeString could not be located
in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll"

I tried looking this up on MSDN Online help, but couldn't find it.

Anyway, what does it mean?  Does it mean the installation of SP3 failed?
Do I have to re-try installing SP3?  Does it mean it worked, and its
just a bogus message (which I strongly doubt, but I'll ask it anyway)?

Rod Falanga

http://amci.unm.edu