[windows2000] Re: Re network boot disk

  • From: Jim Kenzig <web@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:52:11 -0400

He is referring to http://www.altiris.com Altiris Deployment server..the best
solution on the planet in my opinion.  Altiris can create boot disks for you or
has a PXE server included that you can create a boot disk to run from the
server. It also provides management and shadowing of clients. Most new clients
and PC's have a bootable Network card or setting in the bios to boot to
network. (F12 on most Compaqs) Compaq PC's includes a one time use for Altiris
client for imaging and HP like NetX Inc have chosen Altiris to image and manage
their new line of Thin Client's.
--
Regards,
Jim Kenzig