[windows2000] Re: Raid

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:31:45 -0700

Thanks for asking that question Bill! :-)  I would assume that creating
an Raid 0 (or 1) setup would cause data loss as well?

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:12:07 -0400, Bill Beckett <bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxx> took
time to say the following:

BB> I have a 36GB drive that is configured as a single drive and is the
BB> boot drive in a server. It has several apps and configurations on it.
BB> I now want to make it fault tolerant...if I change the config in the
BB> Raid settings to Raid 5, add the additional drives, will I lose the
BB> data on the existing drive or will it propogate to the other 2 drives?

"I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel"

New Site from The Kenzig Group!
Windows Vista Links, list options
and info are available at: