[windows2000] Re: RRAS as a router

  • From: "Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:19:15 -0600

If I understand your question, I believe that is by design.

You need a DHCP relay on each segment that needs a IP address from the DHCP
server.  The DHCP Relay will relay the request to the DHCP server and give
that info back to the host requesting a IP address.

If that is not your question and you already have that setup, maybe you need
to set options for those IP addresses that are being assigned.

If this is MS DHCP, you can set server options that would be universal WINS,
DNS, etc. entries or you can set them as Scope Options and have different
WINS, DHCP, etc. for each scope that you have assigned.

Douglas Jensen
Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Voice (952) 402-9821
Fax    (952) 402-9815