[windows2000] Re: RIS Image problem

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:53:08 +0100

I'm one of those who deployed SP2 after a few weeks testing, and
with the firewall GPOed off. I'm going to look into that firewall
pretty soon. I'm interested in the policydriven settings! It was
talked a lot about at Teched Europe this year, so I got very
curious. 8-)

It's either that one, or the Symantec Client Security FW that comes
bundled with their antivirus software, and which we only use the
antivirus part of.

--Original Message Text---
From: Sullivan, Glenn
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:38:46 -0500

Talk about fear-of-the-unknown... once you understand the firewall,
it's really not that hard.

That's almost as bad as the people who DO roll out SP2, and then
disable the Firewall via GPO because it is faster than trying to
figure out the exceptions that a given environment actually
needs...

I'll duck now,

BW,

Sorin