[windows2000] Re: RIS Image problem

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:48:58 +0100

What kind of backwards attitude is that, you're colleuges are
having?? "Never going to" install an SP?? Even if you're all
firewalled, protected up over your ears, and this and that, a SP is
released for a reason! I agree that in such a big environment
deplpoying a service pack is probably tricky, and would require
some testing first. But to actually say that we're never going to
deploy it? They must be out of their minds...

--Original Message Text---
From: Martin, Eddie
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:31:58 -0500

I wanted to do that and I suggested that to the rest of our group ,
but they want to stay away from it at all costs.  Even only to
install and test, I suggested it and they said that being that we
are never going to SP2 we shouldnt even try it.  I installed SP2
at home with no problems, but thats different when your dealing
with 800+ machines on our network.

BW,

Sorin