[windows2000] Re: Printing problems...

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:57:35 -0400

You can use DHCP with a reservation

-----Original Message-----
From: Sorin Srbu [mailto:Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 12:12 PM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Printing problems...

Static addresses on printers, servers and other stay-in-place hardware like
access points etc, is a good idea. Ie no dhcp, or you might have funny (as
in unpredictable and inconsistent) things happen.

At least that's my observation. And your mileage may vary (YMMV) as the
americans say. 8-)

--Original Message Text---
From: Mauricio Fernandez
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:16:54 -0400

Yes. The only thing I didnt change was the IP, because the DHCP assign to
the printer the same IP that it was using before. Ill try changing that
anyway.

BW,

Sorin

http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/