[windows2000] Re: Printing Problems

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:27:38 -0400

Just use the RootSec template, and it will re-apply them right from the
get-go...

But if you really want to set it yourself, here is what that template does to
file permissions:
On %SYSTEMDRIVE%:

Local Administrators: FC - This Folder, subfolders, and files
SYSTEM: FC - This Folder, subfolders, and files
Local Users: read & execute - This Folder, subfolders, and files
Local Users: Create Folders/Append Data - This folder and Subfolders
Local Users: Create Files/Write Data - Subfolders Only
Everyone: Read and Execute - This Folder Only

This is the default for a clean install.  The "Everyone - Full Control" is
usually as a result of upgrading from Fat to NTFS, or from NT4 to Win2K.

HTH,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.