[windows2000] Printers Printing Crap...

  • From: "Steve Rance" <steve.rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:27:22 +0100

We have a number of networked and locally connected shared printers on =
the company that are all setup on two print servers.

Since I have set them up on the second print server every morning at =
around 11:15 ALL the locally connected shared printers start printing =
page after page with each page just having a line of random (crap) =
characters on it.

Looking at the print job on the local PC, it is owned by =
"Administrator", an account we don't use.

We don't have any scheduled jobs defined on either the servers or the =
PCs.=20

If you turn the printer off the job disappears from the queue.

Any ideas?