[windows2000] Re: Printer issues

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:47:23 -0400

Well if you set the whole job to spool it takes longer and gives the user
that perception.  Also if you are on a server and have a slow drive acess on
the print server (which most people do cause they use low end machines as
print servers) it will take longer to print as the job gets copied
completely to the drive, sent to the printer and then taking the time to
clear it meanwhile 5 other people are sending jobs and the drive is
thrashing.

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com