[windows2000] Re: Password Policy GPO

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 02:08:11 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Glenn.

"Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:      I'm still not sure
what you mean, since modern day Exchange runs under the LocalSystems account
credentials, and SQL SA is not a domain account, but rather a SQL
authentication with different rules.

  But maybe I can answer the question you are trying to ask:

  A domain can only have ONE password policy.  Whatever rules you set up in
that password policy apply to EVERY ACCOUNT that exists in the domain.

  The one possible exception may be the machine passwords that AD keeps in
synch automatically.  I've never really gotten involved with testing a password
policy's affect on those.

  Capish?

  Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

---------------------------------
  From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave stevens
Posted At: Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:22 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: Password Policy GPO
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Password Policy GPO

Exchange systems account, SQL sa account etc

"Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       Yes, that is true.

  What kind of "system Accounts"?

  Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

---------------------------------
  From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave stevens
Posted At: Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:11 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: Password Policy GPO

  Just to add, if password policy gpo's only work @ domain level, how do they
affect system   accounts.

  Dave

Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I have just found out that GPO to  enforce  password policy can only work
on the domain level. Is this true.

  ta
  Dave

  Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.