[windows2000] Re: On wireless networking

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:27:30 -0400

I usually recommend people to add the wireless router to their existing
setup.  This way you end up with a separate private subnet.  Even if you
enable all the wireless security, I still consider it less secure than your
wired lan (almost like a DMZ).  So add it into a central point in the house
(it must be one heck of a house to need two?) so that you only need one.
You probably will need to add a static route into both your existing and
wireless router.

Tim Mangan