[windows2000] Office 2000 on Term

  • From: Robert Funderburk <robfunderburk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:32:16 -0500

Hi all, (and maybe especially Jim K ;-)

I am having a problem installing Office 2000 on Windows 2000 Terminal Server in
appication mode.  I followed the instructions on how to install on Term server
from the Office 2000 resource kit.  I am almost 100% sure I am using the
correct oprions with the termsrvr.mst transform file.  After I enter all user
information including CD Key and click next, I get the error
message"installation ended prematurely because of an error" (really descriptive
and really helpful ;-).

The only thing I am doing differently than as per the directions is that I'm
installing Office 2000 from a distribution folder on the same server (I copied
the install files from both CD's to facilitate easier installation to client
computer s over the wire).  Could that be the reason why the install is
failing?  Any help is greatly appreciated, as I am scratching my head about
this now.

Thanks in advace,

-Rob