[windows2000] Re: Off Jim Kenzing's list question

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MAHNKEY, MARK" <mmahnkey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:40:31 -0400

Hi Mark,

I imagine that there are software restrictions set at the domain level
or through SMS software metering or something like that.  Chances are
you cannot get around the restrictions.  You could try renaming the exe
for TweakUI or the .cpl file if you're running an older version of it.
Most good software metering won't be fooled by that, as it monitors
header information in the files to determine what the file really is.

What are you trying to change in TweakUI?  I can't think of any TweakUI
changes that can't be done manually if you know how to do it.  I'm
CC'ing the list.  You should get two replies and be able to determine
which of your e-mail addresses is subscribed.

Oh, wait, what kind of setup is that that you can't see where a message
was sent?  Can you pop your mailserver there and download the messages
into OE or something?  (If so, choose to leave the messages on the
server...)

Ray at work