[windows2000] Re: OU or ModProf

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:54:17 -0000

> Subject: [windows2000] OU or ModProf
> Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:42:58 -0500
> From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Can you set the Exchange server via group policies for an OU?

Well you sort of could - two obvious methods - GPO applied login script
specific to the OU, that accesses custom details - either that or edits
the prf file.

Or clever ADSI scripting that derives the OU, and applies custom files,
or edits the prf file - all eminently doable.

Or rather than using the OU, you could just use ADSI scripting to access
some already configured parameter in AD, concerning the appropriate
exchange server.

> Just wondering because I don't know how to get this
> modprof.exe utility to work

Eh?

Have you looked at the zip file, and read the docs? I'm struggling to
imagine something that could be much simpler.

What are you having problems with? And what does your script / modprof
invocation currently look like?

> and an OU would be better for me
> to learn how to do.

Is your OU structure going to imply exchange server / mailbox placement
though? Wouldn't it be easier and more elegant to either use some AD
parameter, or customise one, rather than using your OU structure for
this? Or do you have other reasons for using your OU structure as such?

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.