[windows2000] OT-Configuring Dual Monitors

  • From: "Ron Leach" <rleach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:39:22 -0400

Please pardon the OT.  If anyone has experience with Wildcat4 7110
configurations, I'd appreciate your insight on the following:

I am using a Dell Precision 650 with the following monitors:

Default driver (Microsoft driver) for primary monitor (Dell P1130).
Vendor specific driver (Dell) for secondary monitor (Dell 1907FP).

The video adapter I am using is a 3dLabs Wildcat4 7110 with driver 6.6.2.60.

I need the settings for my primary monitor to be 1280x1024 @ 100Hz & set to
stereo, frame sequential display. The secondary monitor needs to be set to
1280x1024 @ 60Hz. When I change to the settings for the primary monitor, the
secondary monitor states that it cannot display this video mode. When I
change the settings for the secondary monitor, I then lose stereo viewing
capability on the primary monitor.

Under the Wildcat Monitor --> Configure Monitor, shouldn't I be able to set
my primary monitor (P1130) to the following:

Resolution: 1280x1024
Vertical Refresh rate: 104Hz
Display Mode: Stereo, Frame Sequential Display

and then on my secondary monitor (1907FP)

Resolution: 1280x1024
Vertical Refresh rate: 60Hz
Display Mode: Monoscopic Display (this is the only mode that I can get
1280x1024 @ 60Hz)?

How do I configure the Wildcat4 7110 to do this?

Thanks!