[windows2000] Re: OT - Virtualization

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 17:36:34 +0200

Server virtualization for testing (both vmware server and microsoft's
variation, both free). Only cost is for OS-licenses (windows). For linux there
are none, at least not for the ones I use to test with.

Most significant advantages are that I can have a dozen or so machines in one
single box with the most varying OSes, besides they don't take any physical
space, only on the hardrives. They are clonable and cheap. Imagine my boss'
face if I'd ask for budgeting to buy a dozen new computers for testing.

  _____