[windows2000] Re: OT? Trojan Horses

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:11:34 +0100

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 05:50:43 -0800, Charles R. Buchanan wrote:

>There's getting/acquiring the computer. Then there's getting a monitor for
>it. If the computer has a NIC, it will probably have only one, if any at
>all. So have to buy at least one. Then comes the fun part. <eg>
>
>Unless one has time to kill, you have to deal with the learning curve
>because Linux isn't exactly the most user friendly OS to install. If you
>manage to get it installed, still have the tweaking to do to get it just
>right. But that can be said with all OS'es though.

(A version of) Clavister Firewall comes on flopp disk, from it
boots and runs. No need for a hd for this one. Supposedly Clavister
is good, never ran it myself though, although I hear it's one of
the really best software firewalls avavilable.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmaci.uu.se
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46-18-4714482 >> 5 signals >>
GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46-701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46-18-471-4474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.