[windows2000] Re: OT: Status Bar in XP

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:38:15 -0500

Hi Aaron,

That drove me nuts too.  I believe that what you can do is open up ONE Wind=
ows Explorer, make sure the status bar is showing, then do tools--folder op=
tions---view---like current folder.  That will make all your folders look l=
ike the setup that you currently have, which will include the status bar.

With IE, I believe all you have to do is open up ONE instance of IE, make s=
ure the status bar is visible, and then close IE to have that saved as the =
last layout.

Ray at work