[windows2000] Re: OT Sorry to interupt the Friday fun...

  • From: "Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:09:29 -0500

I tried it on my Windows 2000 pro computer and I was able to set the
Read-Only attribute from the General tab of the properties page for a
folder on my computer.
I could set the Read-Only attribute for the folder and all folders and
files under them.

BUT when I cleared the Attribute and said to do it for that folder and
all the folders and files under it, it only successfully cleared the
attribute for the folders and files under it.  When I closed Windows
Explorer and looked again at the attribute on the General page it said
Read-Only.

To successfully clear the read only attribute I had to use the attrib
DOS command as a previous email stated.

C:\>attrib -r path\foldername

This must be a undocumented feature of windows.

Douglas Jensen
Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Voice (952) 402-9821
Fax    (952) 402-9815