[windows2000] Re: OT Sorry to interupt the Friday fun...

  • From: "Lane, Mark" <MDL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:37:38 -0500

You mention permissions, but maybe you mean file attribute.  My Windows XP
does the same thing, and I believe it is normal behavior.  There is a
difference between a read-only file attribute and a read-only permission,
and since you have a behavior discrepancy between Administrator and User,
you probably have a permission problem.  Have you verified the NTFS
permissions?