[windows2000] Re: OT: SMART with harddrives

  • From: Jeff Malczewski <jeff.malczewski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:52:38 -0400

I have purchased re-furbished hard drives on numerous occasions.  It
usually happens when a customer returns a drive that has been opened
(whether or not is has been used is usually not a factor) or when a
customer sends a drive back for warranty and that drive is either a)
not broken or b) easily repaired.  Read the fine print..  About 6 or 7
years ago I had a 1.7Gb IDE Seagate, and it went bad.  Seagate's
solution was to send me a refurbished hard drive for the
replacement...