[windows2000] Re: OT: SATA Hard Drives

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:44:30 -0800

Thanks Andrew. They had a lot of info on that site! :-O  Just so
happened that my brother bought be a 200GB hd today for my birthday. :-)
It's SATA2, but it's backward compatible as far as I understand.
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 13:57:15 +0000, Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx> took time to say
the following:

D> On 04/02/06, Charles R. Buchanan <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I am
planning on buying a second 200GB hard drive and experiment with a
D>      RAID array and I was wondering if it is advisable/recommended to buy the
D>
D>
D> It's best, but not 100% necessary if you're not running it for critical
things (ie, servers :) ). RAID 0 will spread the data over both drives, so
read/write is generally faster, useful for lots of things - gaming included!
Just make sure you get the same size for the second drive, as anything extra
will be wasted.

D> If you want more info, check this out:
D> http://arstechnica.com/paedia/r/raid-1.html
D>
D> Andrew

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels