[windows2000] Re: OT: SATA Hard Drives

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:10:50 +0100

windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <> wrote on :

I don't have a problem booting fast enough on my oldie PATA-drives. 8-) If
that's an issue for you, then install the os on the raided SATA-drives. It's
all about how you things setup. Me for instance prefer stability and just
plainly hate to reinstall the os and all the apps, should the raid array
break. It's not the actual work that bothers me, it's the time it takes to
setup eveything again. But that's just me. 8-)

YMMV as they say. 8-)

Out of curiosity, how much faster do you boot on the SATA-drives compared to
the PATA-drives? Are talking minutes or tens of seconds/seconds?