[windows2000] OT: Please help get Avastatin by signing a Petition to get it FDA Approved

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: THIN <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, vista@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Brainstem <brainstem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:28:16 -0400

This one is for the Americans out there. It is a rare off topic post for on
some of the mailing lists I moderate.

Some of you may or may not know that I am a proponent of Brain Tumor
research and help maintain the links databasae at
http://www.virtaltrials.com/btlinks.  When my oldest daughter Kristen was 10
she died from a brain tumor called a brain stem glioma. (read about her
story here http://jkenzig.ehost-services132.com/zoner/zoned/kristen.html )

Thre real reason I am writing today is to ask for your help.  My friend Al
Musella who runs the Virtualtrials.com website will be going to speak in
front of the FDA to get a promising new drug called Avastatin approved for
Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) brain tumors.  GBM is a deadly form of brain
tumor and there are very few drugs that are  approved and effective for
treating them. (Here is a youtube video that explains the use of Avastin in
brain tumors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGlQdAFyMMA )

*What we are asking is for you to go to the below link and sign yes on
the Petition so Dr. Musella can show your support when he goes to speak
before the FDA and help get Avastin approved for use with brain tumors in
the United States.*

                    *
**http://virtualtrials.com/fda2009.cfm*<http://virtualtrials.com/fda2009.cfm>

Thanks so much and please forward far and wide. There is strength in numbers
and we can make a difference!

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig