[windows2000] OT: Outlook 2000

  • From: "Art Bain" <artbain2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:18:26 -0400

I have a user with a problem I've never seen before. Here's the scenario:
User has a Toshiba laptop running Windows 2000/Outlook 2000.
Connected to the internet via LAN/DSL and dial-up on the road.
Has different ISPs for DSL and dial-up.
User has 5 email accounts and two use the same incoming and outgoing mail
servers.

As of a few days ago, he times out when trying to get mail from these two
accounts. The other three work fine. Outlook gives an error number:
0x800ccc19. I searched MS knowledge base and found one article: Q296925,
"OL2000: Cannot Connect to Internet Mail Server Through Dial-up Connection
When Using Proxy Client." Unfortunately, this doesn't describe this problem.

So far I've done the following: deleted the Outlook accounts in question and
added them back, renamed the .pst file and created a new .pst, ran the inbox
repair tool, deleted and installed Outlook, and configured my local computer
account with his email account info. The only thing that worked (and only
once!) was when I configured my account with his info. I started to d/l his
mail (93 messages) and stopped the process. After that, I got the same
error.

I'm going to try a different NIC on the ISP's advice. I'm not too hopeful as
the user indicates that he has the same problem with his dialup account.

Is it possible that his networking protocols got screwed-up in Windows 2000?

Help?!?

Art,
Suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder in N.E. Ohio (and the season has
just begun).