[windows2000] Re: OT: New HR Software...

  • From: "Chris Ruggeri" <cruggeri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:45:49 -0600

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:50:25 +0100, Steve Rance wrote:

>I have been asked to investigate purchasing HR software for the company
based in the UK (we use Excel at the moment!).  Cost, as always, is of
course a consideration.
>The only experience I have of HR software is Peoplesoft at my last company,
and know that this will be unsuitable for the size and structure of this

What is this kind of software supposed to do?

Software I have seen addressing HR will usually have logging hrs/days
worked, days off available and taken, grievances, payroll modules can be
added, possibly disciplinary actions and other documentation\communication
between staff and management( although this may be an area tracked more by
management...depending on the structure/size of your organization). Some
also incorporates the ability to add some customized data. I am told Abra is
pretty well suited  and reasonably priced for a company up to 300-500
employees. It also exports to excel, I am not sure if you would be able to
incorporate what you have into the package via import, but may be worth
looking into. HTH