[windows2000] Re: [OT] Multi-function copy machines

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:47:50 +0200

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:38:06 -0400, Greg Reese wrote:

>We have all ours
>running as scanners too. You can walk up to it, insert a document, press
>a touchscreen and it will email the document to someone as a PDF.  We
>use that feature more than anything.
>
>As a printer they work great too.  Anything you can set at the copier,
>you can set in the print job.  Or you can print to memory and then make
>the settings at the machine and hit go.  It's very flexible.

<Arghhh!> Didn't know this! I always went to the machine and did
everything! Damn Koneo... THey never tell me stuff like that...

>I spent about a year researching and kicking the tires on these.  Canon
>REALLY has their act together when it comes to these.  The companion
>eCopy software is really nice to.  I am currently working on rolling out
>digital imaging to all out locations and the Canon Imagerunner line is
>what we are using.

Does the iR5000 use the eCopy Software too?

I can't recall it ever coming with any software, or being given
anything like that. The technician from the leasing company (Koneo)
even had me download the drivers from the canon website...

>Our current copy machines are old, tired, and are high tech circa 1980.
>~ I'd like to replace them with some newer machines that can help us
>automate, and save money on labor costs.  I need one machine that can do
>everything but get my coffee, and two that are more reasonable.  Does
>anyone have any info to share, good or bad, about models, brands,
>features, etc.?

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 3 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: knot in cables caused data stream to become
twisted and kinked