[windows2000] OT: Localised Search Engine searches.

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:28:39 +0100

We are an international company, and our website is hosted in Australia.

In (all) search engines searches on our name, we have top spot for
non-localised searches (.com) and for AU localised searches.  Our
biggest market however is the UK and with a UK localised search we don't
even appear.

I have been tasked with getting top billing for our web-site on UK
localised searches, and would welcome any advice on how to achieve this
request, as I have come up blank so far.

The actual domain is UK registered by a UK ISP, but for www forwards to
our web site IP-address which is hosted by an Australian ISP.

Thanks in advance,

Steve