[windows2000] Re: OT: I've Had it with Outlook

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:41:19 -0500

What, the practice of making money?

> I'm quite pleased with
> win2k, but I'm not happy about where they are headed with win2k3 and
> Longhorn/.NET  they appear to be specifically designing things so that
> you can run only MS products, and I prefer a best of breed
> approach.

I haven't developed an opinion about this yet, but I imagine one could
argue that that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Here's another bad
analogy, ready?  At the bank where I work, we can only accept deposits
for accounts that we own.  We don't support any accounts from other
banks.  ?  I'm stretching just for the sake of advocating Lucifer.

> actually think ISA server is quite well designed,

Heh, and didn't Microsoft just purchase that relatively recently, like
within the past five years or something?

>however Outlook and
> IIS are filth.

Calling Outlook filth is just sad.  It's such a pleasure to use.  I feel
bad for you.  But what issues do you have with IIS?  Overall, I'm pretty
satisfied with it, but that isn't to say that there aren't some things I
wish it supported natively, mostly a built-in method of preventing hot
linking.  And, if you talk smack about the FTP server in IIS, I'll be
right there with you.  IT SUCKS.

Ray at work

personal and confidential use
of the recipient(s) named above.  Distribution, publication, or retransmission
of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This message may be a bank to client communication and as such is
privileged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.

The sender of this e-mail specifically "opts-out" of the Electronic Signatures
and Global and National
Commerce Act (E-Sign) and any and all similar state and federal acts.
Accordingly, but without limitation,
any and all documents, contracts, and agreements must contain a handwritten
signature of the sender to
be legal, valid, and enforceable.