[windows2000] Re: OT: Installing PC Anywhere on WXP Pro....

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:35:27 +0100

no, they don't do a client only version.  They use to do a host only version,
but I don't think you can get even that now.

The best thing about this is, the MD wants to run a critical part of our UK
financial system, on a PC in the Australia office (where he is based).  With
all but one of the financial people based in the UK needing access to this
system.  Although we have the 'proper' infrastructure in the UK to run this
system, and have worldwide access to the systems though Citrix (including OZ),
he wants to run this on a low end PC with PC Anywhere.  I have strongly voiced
my feelings on this, as has the UK director, and the company accountant (also
based in the UK) but to no avail.  So it looks like, at least in the short
term, we in the UK will be dependant on one PC running PC Anywhere in
Australia.  Ideal....not.