[windows2000] Re: OT: How do I reset multiple user passwords in 2003

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:50:39 -0700 (PDT)

If it is an AD domain and you have .net on the server you could probably do
this with the ADModify tool pretty easily.
http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2

  You'll want to be careful and make sure that you have a backup in place and
make sure that you don't reset your own admin password and lock yourself out.
Also be careful to put the users into an OU so that you don't reset the
passwords on all your system accounts or you will really be in trouble.

JAK

"Herchenbach, Jim" <jherchenbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I work at a school and I need to reset all the students passwords for the
upcoming year. I would like to do it via OU. I know this can be done and would
like a step by step guide. Does anyone know of such a link or document. Thanks.

I'm running windows 2003 server.

jim herchenbach

Jim Kenzig
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
  Provision Networks VIP
CEO The Kenzig Group
http://www.kenzig.com
Blog: http://www.techblink.com

    Terminal Services Downloads: http://www.thinhelp.com

  Get Paid For Reading Ads! Get $10 if you signup!
http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?thin