[windows2000] No more standby

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Windows 2000 List" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:16:37 -0500

Hi list,

I have a Dell Latitude C640 laptop with W2K Server installed on it.  A few
days ago, I changed the power settings such that when I close the lid, the
laptop should remain on.  Before making this change, it was set to go to
standby when I closed the lid.  Since making this change the other day, the
only options I now have for what to do when I close the lid (or hit the
power button) are for it to turn off or stay on.  The standby option no
longer exists.  Does anyone know if there's something that I have to
re-enable to get this option back?

Thanks,

Ray at home