[windows2000] Re: Newer RDP client

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:49:57 -0500

I am having a conference call with MS RDP team on wedsnesday. I will pass
this along. Jim

On 2/13/07, Joanne Determann <jodetermann@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I had to make the users local admins and save the rdp settings. (Then
remove the admin rights,ofcourse.)

------------------------------
> From: rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [windows2000] Newer RDP client
> Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:41:43 -0500
>
> Hi group,
>
> Has anyone noticed this problem with the latest version of the RDP
client,
> such as that which comes with Vista, XP64? The problem is that it seems
> that .RDP files don't really remember credentials anymore. For example:
>

> Computer1.RDP:
> Domain: whatever
> Username: user1
>
> Computer2.RDP
> Domain: whatever
> Username: user2
>
> If I open Computer1.RDP, all is fine. Then I go and open Computer2.RDP,
and
> it tries to log me on as user1 instead of user2. After I correct it, log
> on, do my business, and log off, the next time I open Computer1.RDP,
that
> one is suddenly trying to log me on as user2! It's as though whatever
one I
> use last is what is remembered. This should be the case if I'm just
> launching mstsc by itself and it's reading default.rdp, but these are
> individual stand-alone RDP files that I have setup and have successfully
> used like this with the earlier versions of the RDP client without
problem.
> Just wondering, reckon, if anyone else is experiencing this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray at work
>
> p.s. Hmm, I just opened the RDP files in notepad and see that there is
no
> indication of usernames in there the way that older RDP formats saved
it.
> Perhaps the problem lies with "gatewaycredentialssource:i:4."

> http://thethin.net/win2000list.cfm

Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows LiveT Spaces friends
list. Check it
out!<http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us>

--
Jim Kenzig