[windows2000] New AD server migration

  • From: "Tasita Ebacher" <tebacher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:19:54 -0500

Hello all,

I need some advice... What is the best way to cut-over to a new active
directory server?

Here's the situation:  Currently, we have 1 Win2K AD server that handles
user authentication, domain security, DNS, DHCP, and probably some other
things I'm forgetting.  I just got 2 new servers (win 2K) that are going to
replace the current server.

I do have plenty of down time to work on this when users aren't on the
network over weekends and evenings.

How about Microsoft's Active Directory Migration Tool... Will this help me
out?

Thanks in advance!

Tasita Ebacher
702 Communications