[windows2000] Re: Networking

  • From: "Kelly Marchock" <kelly.marchock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:49:12 -0000

If you are hooking up 2 pc's via a router then you will need to use
crossover cables .. Along with this you will need to configure your
interfaces and make sure they are up and able to route to each others
networks via static routes or some type of IGP, I am assuming that you
have no security in place ie access-lists etc therefore use pings to
make sure that you have the router's interfaces configured properly
before you start troubleshooting the pc's

Good luck