[windows2000] Re: Network/Internet Monitoring

  • From: "Timothy R. Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 18:00:52 -0400

Wireshark is the new ethereal.  I guess they had a naming conflict with
somebody.  It's free and has a good set of filters.

Also Microsoft has a free tool, I think called "Microsoft Monitor".

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christine Allen
Posted At: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:40 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: Network/Internet Monitoring
Subject: [windows2000] Network/Internet Monitoring

Hello,

I have a client who is running an SBS server that's public and private nics
are pegged at 100% (using perfmom).  Does anyone know of a free (or one that
offers a demo) utility that I can use relatively fast to see what /or who is
generating all this traffic?  Thanks

Regards,

Christine Allen, MCSE

Engineer II