[windows2000] Network share over the Internet

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:56:27 -0400

Hi list,

I have a W2K Web server in a co-lo type of setup, and I'm thinking about
setting it up so that I can map drives to it from home instead of having
to FTP in to transfer files.  So, my questions are:

1.  If I use IPSec to block access from everyone but me, is that secure
enough?
2.  What port does the server service use?
3.  When I map the drive, I will have to enter a valid name and password
for that stand-alone server.  Is that "sniffable" or whatever the way
that entering FTP login credentials is?

Thanks,

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com