[windows2000] Re: .Net RC1 Download?

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:37:41 -0700

Once you finally get around to getting it, if you have XP, then you'll be
right at home! :-)  Has the XP look, but uses less blue (for obvious
reasons), although I'm not sure if that will continue that way, but the
install was pretty smooth. The FIRST thing you notice once it is installed,
is the speed in which it boots up. I think I could get the .NET SS (Standard
Server) to boot up at least three times before W2K AS boot up once! :-O

I've tried a few mail server programs on it, and most worked, but there were
a couple of them that basically stood there and did nothing whatsoever!
:-( Even when they basically crashed, there were no event log reporting as
it normally would, or have grown accustomed to!

I haven't loaded it down with programs as yet, but that's coming up. I
expect there will be crashes and freezeups and so forth, because that is
expected. The other thing that I thought was somewhat strange, and that may
be because the programs themselves doesn't place themselves there, but there
were a few programs that didn't make no entry at all into the ADD/Remove
applet in the control panel. It may be just those programs. <shrug> What's
the odds of that a few of them at one time? <shrug>

Well back to the grindstone as they say!