[windows2000] Re: NTDETECT Fails

  • From: Pratik Patel <pratik_patel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:14:59 +0530

This things happens to me more often at customers place(being sevice
engineer)

1) boot with NT CD , try with Repair option  if u have emergency
repairdisk(latest) use it  or try with NT CD...select BOOT SECTOR/STARTUP
ENVOIRMENT
2) IF ABOVE DO NOT WORK TRY TO UPGRADE THE NT (YOU SHOULD HAVE THE SEVICE
PACK CD WITH YOU WHICH YOU HAVE ON YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE CRASH BCOZ
UPDRADATION WILL MAKE NT TO SERVICE PACK 1)
3)IF ABOVE NOT NOT WORK  , FIRST TAKE BACKUP OF ALL DATA ...SCAN THE HARD
DISK BY CONNECTING ON ANOTHER SYSTEM FOR VIRUSES

4) IF NO VIRUS FOUND  REINSTALL FRESH NT  AS U HAVE ALREADY HAVE TAKEN OFF
DATA BACKUP