[windows2000] Re: Multiple arguments in a batch

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:06:17 -0400

That makes sense.  I've always sucked at batch stuff.  Like, I'll just keep
messing around until it ~seems~ to be working, never knowing if I'm doing
things totally wrong.

> done running, control then goes back to the caller where it
> left off. in
> your case, the batch file is calling itself and starts running at the
> checkResponse lab

> learn vbscript to do simple admin tasks. for most people,
> it's easier to
> read/understand/debug, and the pro's, imo, outweigh the con's.
> functions/procedures/block programming/flow control/databases/etc.

I do know VB Script.  I just didn't know of any way to ping an IP address or
get a shell response back to my script.  Like "strReturn =
objShell.Run("cmd.exe /c ping -n 1 domain.com") but it doesn't really work
that way...  The only other thing I could think to do is pipe the ping
results to a text file and read it with the file scripting object then.
Doesn't matter really.  Thanks.

Ray at work

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com