[windows2000] Money to spend (for once)

  • From: "Andy Wolstenholme" <a_wolsten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:04:39 +0000

Chaps,

I realise thise may be a little off the topic but need some advice and you guys have never failed.

Have been given some money to throw at infrastructure and trying to decide where to upgrade, either the Exchange (2003) or the File server.

Both are happily running and am newish to the company so it is difficult to forecast growth. From your experience where is the processing power needed more. Which areas tend to increase preformance requirements more rapidly. If you were given some dosh, where woudl you invest it?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PS. any expenditure must be allocated within infrastructure. A fast car is not acceptable. I know becuase i asked...