[windows2000] Re: Microsoft user switching to FireFox

  • From: David Spanne <werenomads@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:33:09 -0800

I've been using Firefox (Firebird, Pheonix) since version .5 and will only go back to IE when I have to view that rare page written in M$ HTML.

There is one extension I can't do without. Its called Tab Browser Extension. It creates a new menu item "Tab", and allows complete control over the behavior of tabs (drag and drop; new or existing tab from address bar, or history, or bookmarks; tab grouping etc.)
you can find it on the Texturizer site (http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#tbe) where there is a more extensive (the original extension site before version 1) extension list.

David

Jennifer Hooper wrote:

Hi Guys -

        So, I'm getting ready to take the plunge and convert my home PC over
to FireFox so I can start using it there to learn it (thus saving myself the
productivity loss trying to learn it in my daily functions @ werk :P).  Is
there any hitches to doing this on XP Home/SP2?

        Also, I'm thinking about cutting over to the Firefox supported email
client, but I'm not sure which one it is?  Sorry, I've been sucked down so
deep into backup and disaster recovery stuff lately, I'm just now getting my
head above water... Only cuz it's the holiday! :D

        Our goal is to get some admin level testing and experience in-house,
so that we can start discussing getting off of Internet Explorer on our
Windows machines.

Thanks!!!

Jennifer

Peregrine Systems, Inc.
Sr. Network Engineer
mailto:jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

******************************************************** This Weeks Sponsor StressedPuppy.com Games Feeling stressed out? Check out our games to relieve your stress. http://www.StressedPuppy.com ******************************************************** To Unsubscribe, set digest or vacation mode or view archives use the below link.