[windows2000] Re: Messenger service reverts to manual startup

  • From: "Ray at work" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:39:21 -0400

Thanks to all who replied.  This computer is still reverting back.
Permissions on the \messenger key in the registry seem to match other
service keys.  The user has gotten into the habit of just NET STARTing the
service in the morning.

The messenger service spam isn't an issue here, since this is a computer on
our internal network behind a firewall.  This particular employee uses the
messenger service to communicate with her secret lover/coworker of mine.  :]

Ray at work

p.s.  I just got new Harman Kardon computer speakers (those champagne
looking things) and they sound incredible!  These were to replace my Polk
set that I had that were just ungodly awful sounding.  I was quite surprised
that Polk couldn't put out a good sounding computer speaker...