[windows2000] Re: Memory on a multiprocessor machine

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:31:28 +0000

"Note Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition and Windows Server 2003,
Datacenter Edition automatically enable PAE only if the server is
using hot-add memory devices. In this case, you do not have to use the
/PAE switch on a system that is configured to use hot-add memory
devices. In all other cases, you must use the /PAE switch in the
Boot.ini file to take advantage of memory over 4GB."

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283037

Andrew