[windows2000] Re: Mailproxy for filtering spam?

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:02:02 +0100

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:05:46 +0100, Sorin Srbu wrote:

>Didn't somebody on this list mention a kind of mailproxy for
>filtering spam, running on individual workstations? I think it was
>free too.
>
>Building and keeping the built-in filtering system in my mailer is
>a never-ending story, so I was figuring that maybe a mailproxy
>would help. I recall that some of them are able to connect to
>blacklist servers to update the blacklists etc.
>
>Would anybody know anything about this?
>
>I use PMMail 2000 Pro v2.20.2717 BTW. 8-)

I've now been using PopFile for less than a week and it's sorting
pretty, not to say very, good. In fact I turned off the central
spamfilter on my account, as PopFile works so good...

I'm also installing this applet on our professor's computer as he
gets sh!tloads of spam, that even the central mailserver attatched
spamfilters can't really deal with in an efficent way. So far, so
good. Maybe a raise will come soon. 8-)

Thx all for suggesting mailproxies!

BW,

Sorin