[windows2000] Re: Machines running slow.

  • From: "Ethan Snyder" <ethans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:18:50 -0500

I had similar issues but were being caused by "enablesecuritysignature" in the
registry on the 2000 server
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters).
I have to set this key to 0 in order for network traffic between XP pro and
2000 server to be fast. If "enablesecuritysignature" is set to 1, then XP to
2000 Server is *very* slow.
Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321169

We also use AutoCAD, Office, etc...
Might not be what you're having issues with, but it might help...

-Ethan