[windows2000] Re: License Management?

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 22:23:46 +0000

We've got software to audit the PC's, but it does a poor job at saying
"we've got X copies of software Y"..

I'm really after something that says "we've got X copies of software Y,
which is on maintenance until D/D/D and covers previous versions A, B, C"!
Currently we use excel lists and a homemade access database, but it's really
not good enough anymore :(

Andrew

On 03/11/06, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 We use a managment of sorts. It's Everest Corporate Edition, and audits
hard - and software on all our computers (servers and clients). From the
data we get we produce a html-report. exporting to SQL is supported but we
don't use that. Yet.

It can't however tell if a particular license is SA, volume or whatever,
it only keeps track of what we have IRL.

For license-types and/or agreements we depend on a thick binder with paper
contracts etc. 8-)